From the team that brought you the “I’m on a boat” Navigators launch party, comes a tournament of even more epic proportions – the UAE National Championships (or the Almost Last Chance Qualifier). In conjunction with Back to Games, the UAE’s leading board and card games store, the UAE Guild Ball community are planning the final installment of the national championships on the 18th and 19th October, leading to the World Championships held at Steamcon UK.
Some of the items on offer for attendees:
- Skatha trophy and entrance to the Guild Ball World Championships for the winner
- Loot bag for every player taking part in the championship with Guild Ball goodies
- Various random (UAE themed) prizes on offer, including a ride in a super car and a Guild Ball Falconers team
Held in October, the temperature will be a glorious 35C (or 95F for our American cousins). Offering more than just a tournament, we have an entire weekend to keep you entertained, particularly for those taking the time to travel and enjoy the country.
- Pre-championship tournament: A warm up for the early arrivals, last chance to test your super secret tech and get some last minute practice in.
- Insomnia gaming festival: The weekend is host to Insomnia Dubai, a 3 day festival of gaming, cosplay, eSports and music.
- Desert Safari option: Experience some traditional UAE activities, including Dune Bashing in a 4×4, Falconry display, Camel Riding, Sand Boarding, and dining in the desert on traditional arabic food.
Details for how to book your place in the tournament, accommodation, and tours, will follow soon.